This is a unique opportunity for comprehensive training in a pristine environment. Be qualified in tourist guiding (Nature guide training NQF2 and National Certificate Culture Guide Training (NQF2) by a CATHSSETA-accredited service provider). After an exceptionally exciting time in your life, you can walk out multi-skilled and employable!
NATURE GUIDE TRAINING MODULE
Geology | Ecology | Botany | Trees | Grasses | Taxonomy | Mammals | Birds | Reptiles | Arachnids | Mollusc | Fishes | Amphibians | Animal behaviour | Astronomy | History of conservation in South Africa
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE CULTURE GUIDE MODULE
Create a guided experience for customers |Demonstrate an understanding of HIV/AIDS and its implications | Maintain occupational health and safety |Operate in a team |Organise oneself in the workplace | Participate in sustainable tourism in South Africa | Understand and interpret our natural and cultural heritage| Understand social issues| Use numeracy for self-organisation |Work with people who have special needs |Care for Customers |Introduce South Africa to tourists |Operate in a business |Operate within the national and international legal framework.
Training will be 2 months. The following will be covered in the 2 month course:
- Nature Guide Training (NQF 2)
- National Certificate Culture Guide Training (NQF2)
- Basic anti poaching training (Full course can be done separately if interested)
- First aid level 1
- Advance Rifle Handling & Competency
Interaction on a personal level between trainer and student can guarantee attention to detail:
Only 10 Students Are Accommodated Per Intake
- Must be eager to learn and to participate.
- Must be 18 and older.
- Must be fluent in English – oral & writing.
Things to bring along:
- All linen including towels.
- An electric portable fan for the summer months.
- Hiking boots and comfortable shoes at camp.
- A laptop or tablet.
- A good quality torch and spare batteries.
- Binoculars – essential for the best experience!
- Leisure clothing.
- Warm hat for winter and cap for sun all year round
- Swimming costume & towel
- Sunscreen and mosquito repellent
- Sufficient supply of any personal medication for two months as required. (Prescription and or general)
- Personal first aid kit (bandage, eye drops, imodium etc.).
- Water bottle
- Camera and spare batteries
- Reference books and note books & stationeries such as black pens.
- 3 point round plugs
- All meals
- Airport transfers from OR Tambo & Lanseria.
- Accommodation – based on sharing a room with another student of the same sex.
- All vehicles, experiences, activities and placements on the programme.
- Lectures, manuals and literature as this will be used for theory and practical training.
- Soft drinks or Alcohol
- Internet: Wi-Fi vouchers can be purchased to make use of the wireless network service.
- Laundry service: Washing powder and Sta-soft (washing machine is available to do your own washing)
Please contact us for prices.
All courses registered through Alive.P.T.L at CATHSSETA: SAQA registration number 613/P/000115/2008